Tuesday, 3 July 2007

The Glaswiegen He-man

eBay seller's rating: "a superb condition He-Man"
My rating: C5 - Very worn features
Price paid: Didn't bid


This sad He-man was from Glasgow.

Now armed with my "He-man Perfection checklist" (see right), I was able to get more information of the seller. He also kindly sent some pictures back. When I saw this He-man's sad lack of mascara - I decided not to bid. But it show's how, even in this poor condition, eBayers view their items with rose-tinted-specs.

Here is his more detailed description:
Having read the questions below and given him a full inspection, I'd have to say "Nearly".
Any paint rubs especially hair: a wee bit, face- a wee bit on eyebrows,
Toes: a wee bit, the red cross on his halter? - a tiny bit
Any dark discolouration at the tops of his legs where the rubber joins the plastic?none Does his punch action work stiffly?- If I remember rightly, a lot of figures were a wee bit stiff and punched only once, but this guy punches smooth as I've seen... punching with his left fist 3 times when you let go of him Do his legs stand firmly? Yes Are his hands clean, and not chewed or frayed.- His left Thumb is frayed Is his main torso the same colour as his arms? - It's sometimes goes more yellow in the sun.- Exactly the same, not much sun here in glasgow Any pen marks of other marks?- nope

Here are some more pics that the seller sent:



I love it that he put He-man on a towel for his confort ;-)



It looks as if skeletor got a good chop at He-man's neck here - probably after he'd cunningly removed his eyebrows with the dark magic from his Staff of Havok!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't easier to just buy one MOC and then open it?

Dave

Steerpike said...

Dave, are you going to buy me an MOC he-man for my birthday?